jPolite (jQuery POrtal Lite) is an Open Source jQuery & Ajax Based Portal Framework. This is a lightweight front-end web portal framework based on jQuery.
The focus is easy content integration at the front-end, through an intuitive naming system and conventions plus simple and easy configuration.
jQuery Portal Framework Features
- Flexible layout configurations
- Drag & Drop functionality
- Beautiful UI controls like Tabs, accordion, etc…
- RSS Reader
Raymond Selda has published a tutorial about how to Create a Tabbed Content Rotator using jQuery and the interface library called jQuery UI. This effect can be used effectively on your homepage to present customers with your products and services.
After you’re finished, you can experiment and try placing the tabs above or lining them up vertically. Try looking up some websites that use this kind of interface for inspiration. Simple variations to the interface can be a great way to learn more about CSS.
Axiis is an open source data visualization framework designed for beginner and expert developers alike. Axiis gives developers the ability to expressively define their data visualizations through concise and intuitive markup.
Axiis provides both pre-built visualization components as well as abstract layout patterns and rendering classes that allow you to create your own unique visualizations. Axiis was designed to be a granular framework, allowing developers to mix and match components and build complex output by compositing together basic building blocks.
Axiis is an open source project, under an MIT license. This means you can use it for personal projects, commercial work, and pretty much anything you can think of with no restrictions.
Axiis is an open source data visualization framework & based on Degrafa, Flex & ActionScript 3.0.
It is a resource for both beginner & expert developers to create elegant charts.
Axiis comes with both ready-to-use visualization components & abstract layout patterns + rendering classes that makes it possible to create custom visualizations.
To view some beautiful examples of this framework, click here.
The Guardian Open Platform is the suite of services that make it possible for us to build applications with the Guardian. They have opened up their platform so that everyone can benefit from the journalism, the brand, and the technologies that power guardian.co.uk. The Open Platform currently includes two products, the Content API and the Data Store.
1. The Content API is a mechanism for getting Guardian content. You can query their content database for articles and get them back in formats that are geared toward integration with other internet applications. The Content API is a free service including commercial applications. However, there are some limits and restrictions.
2. The Data Store is a collection of important and high quality data sets curated by Guardian journalists. You can find useful data there, download it, and integrate it with other internet applications. The Data Store has a range of different uses for different types of partners. They will include relevant terms and conditions along with each service.
The Guardian Open Platform is a useful environment for anyone who creates for the internet. They will offer more services in the future such as an ad network and an application platform.